Thursday, November 17, 2011

To My Sis

You are a key of my journal,
a hacker of my computer.
You are seeds in the watermelon
and a trigger of the gun.
You are a black ink spot on my white shirt
and a red lipstick without a mirror.

I am a critic of your article.
I am a knife and you are an apple which has spoilt parts.
I am in control of your account
and the pin on your grenade.

However, you are me and my first partner
and a second mother and a second father.
You are a cup and I am the cup holder.
You are an espresso and I am hot milk.
You are an iced tea and I am a lemon.
You are a hamburger and I am a coke.


We are a team.
But you are a spongebob and I am a squidward. 
 

5 comments:

  1. Dear. Upright
    I have a sister just like you, so when I read this poetry, I just kept feel sympathy. The relationship between sisters are quite weird and desultory.. But when you turn away, you just feel some loneliness like full empty happiness..! I love your picture. It is literally AN ART! I wonder that is just a key holder or with something combine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love of the draw, and when I read was about your sister I really enjoy it more. I think that my sister is the most important person in my life and it is like that draw: a granade that even though is dangerouse can also represent the intensity of the relation with this important person...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upright, I love the way you and your sister relate. Sisterhood can sometimes be contradictory, but you have acknowledged that regardless of your differences, you can’t live without each other. I would love to share this unique feeling of support and care with a relative.
    P.S.: The spongebob and squidward was HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear FULL EMPTY HAPPINESS! I am JUMPING UP AND DOWN in my MIND at these images you brought together to express the relationship you have with your sister! OH! YOU KNOW EACH OTHER SO WELL!

    I feel frightened when you refer to your sister as an "apple with spoilt parts" and you as "a knife." In the final part of the poem, you show how you are inseparable and complete each other...an amazing skill in writing after revealing the "destructive" parts of your relationship!

    And the art work that you made to go with this! I am SQUEALING with DELIGHT! How fortunate you are to have the ability to create an image that expresses your words! What a beautiful and thoughtfilled hand grenade!

    Question: Will you show this poem and image to your sister?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ko: This is a grenade. A hand bomb.
    Hallelujah truth: I don't want to show this poem to her. I want to keep here.:P

    ReplyDelete